Thursday, May 24, 2012

Seized timber to go under hammer

THE Johor Forestry Department will auction off 27 timber logs seized in the Sembrong dam forest in February as no one has come forward to claim the logs. The timber logs of the Meranti species, each measuring 4.8m long, were seized along with 50 logs of the acacia tree and 110 logs of the tual tree were illegally harvested. They are worth a total of RM23,000, but none has been claimed since February. Department director Yahaya Mohamood said a report on the illegally harvested timber would be forwarded to the Deputy Public Prosecutor's office to allow the department to claim possession of the logs  "Nobody has come to claim the timber after we sealed the area.
"But only 27 timber logs are in good condition. The others have decayed," he said. Yahaya said the department had intensified monitoring of the forest following cases of illegal lumbering activities. "So far, illegal lumbering in the forest area is under control. We hope nearby villagers will become our ears and eyes and help us to guard the forest, as it is too big for us to fully monitor at all times," he said.

image

1 comment:


  1. Hello Everyone, I Phil Luis a single dad from NY, USA, i will like to share this great testimony on how i got a loan from Mercia Financial Services Limited,when we were driven out of our home when i couldn't pay my bills any more,after been scammed by various companies online and have been denied financially by my bank and some other credit union i visited. My children were taken by the foster care,i was all alone in the street,until a day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to MERCIA FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED.. At first i told him that i am not ready to take any risk of requesting for a financial help online any more,but he assured me that i will received my loan from them. On a second thought,due to my homelessness i took a trial and applied for the loan,luckily for me i received the loan of $320,000.00 from Mercia Financial Services Limited,is a church agency set up to help the needing. Am happy i took the risk and applied. My kids have been given back to me and now i own a home and a business of my own. All gratitude goes to Mercia Financial Services Limited,for giving a meaning to my life when i had lost all hope,if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him,tell him that is Mr Phil Luis that refer you to them. Contact Bishop Master Cole,via email:(catholichurchfundoffer@live.com or mercifullenders@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete